Unconsciousness is a state when a person is unable to maintain an awareness of self and environment. It comprises a complete or partial lack of responsiveness to people and other environmental stimuli.
What is meant by unconsciousness?
It is a state when a person loses control of his senses. A person is unable to respond stimuli and appears to be asleep. It may vary from a few seconds to a more prolonged period.
Any type of shock instantaneously causes pressure on the heart, the temperature of the body drops, or if one falls abruptly, there is a condition of unconsciousness.
It may cause the pulse to become faint or breathlessness, which makes it an emergency. It requires immediate medical attention. Treatment of unconscious patient must be done by best doctor in Meerut, Dr. Amit Bindal.The sooner you get a medical service, the better it is.
Causes of unconsciousness
There are several reasons which may lead to unconsciousness. Treating unconscious patient must be based on the exact cause. Some of them are-
1. Severe blood loss
2. Alcohol misuse
3. A sharp blow to the head or chest
4. A severe accident or injury
5. A drug overdose
7. Low blood sugar
9. Low blood pressure or hypotension
10. Mental Stress or extreme anxiety
12. Problems with the rhythm of the heart
13. Neurological syncope or due to seizure, transient ischemic attack
14. Brain hypoxia
15. Severe fatigue or anesthesia
16. A menstrual period in women
Signs that an unconsciousness patient experience is
1. A slurred speech
2. A rapid heartbeat
3. Sudden inability to respond
5. Light-headedness or dizziness
6. Unable to concentrate or disturbances in vision
8. Yellowish or pale skin
9. Changes in body temperature sudden feel flush or cold
Unconsciousness First Aid Treatment
If a person is in a state of unconsciousness, use these steps as first aid treatment for unconsciousness to give immediate help:-
1. Check whether the person is breathing or not. If they are not breathing, call local emergency medical service immediately. If they are breathing properly, position the person on their back.
2. Raise their legs above the ground (at least 12 inches)
3. Loosen any clothes or belts that may be restrictive. Observe till one minute, and if they don’t regain their senses, immediately call for medical help.
4. Check if there is any obstruction in their airway.
5. Recheck to see if the person is breathing, coughing, or moving. These indicate positive circulation. If it doesn’t happen, perform CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation) until emergency help is provided.
6. If there is an occurrence of significant bleeding, place intense direct pressure on the affected area, or apply a tourniquet above the bleeding site until expert help is provided.
You may provide first aid according to some quick observations in the sufferer:
1. Is he breathing correctly? If not, try to tilt the head back and pull the jaw and tongue forward. If there is something stuck in the throat, pull it out. If there is no breathing, try
Mouth-to-mouth breathing at once
2. Is there a lot of blood loss? If so, control the bleeding immediately.
3. Is he in sudden shock? If so, go and lay him with the head
Lower than feet and loosen all clothes.
4. Is it a heat stroke? If it is, gets him in the shade, keep the head higher than feet, and bring him in contact with cold water and fan him till he regains his consciousness.
Unconscious Patient Treatment
If the unconsciousness is due to some congenital health condition, then it is to be treated accordingly.
Often, no further treatment is needed. To avoid further complications or the state of unconsciousness to reoccur, the person should strictly abstain from triggers, like standing for long periods, dehydration, and in warm and full places.
An unconscious patient can be treated with an urgent injection of glucagon or with intravenous glucose infusions in a hospital.
A standardized and logical approach is necessary to make the correct diagnosis and in treatment of unconscious patient. The broad diagnostic grouping being neurological, metabolic, diffuse physiological dysfunction, and functional. Even when the diagnosis is not precise, appropriate measures to revitalize, stabilize, and support an unconscious patient must be done abruptly. Medicines for an unconscious patient should be given after proper diagnosis.
When to see a doctor
1. You have become unconscious more than once
2. It takes you more than two minutes to regain the consciousness
3. You suspect that you are pregnant
4. When you become unconscious, you lose control of your bladder or intestines.
5. You have a fast or irregular heartbeat
1. Condition of Coma
2. Brain damage
3. Fractured or broken ribs from the chest compression during CPR
The unconscious patient need immediate help. Without proper diagnosis and treatment, it can be hard to handle. So you need a well learned, experienced and best doctor for brain to take care of your issues. Visit today Dr.Amit Bindal , M.S.,M.Ch, Brain and Spine Surgeon at BINDAL’S CLINIC at Meerut for medical management of unconscious patient. He is the famous neurologist in Meerut who is the best doctor for brain in Meerut(dimag ke doctor). For any information visit www.bindalclinics.com or email@example.com.